Thursday, May 28, 2009 , Posted by Chuck Gaffney at 7:48 PM
The purpose of the member blog is to continue to aid the anime blogosphere by adding news from more than one anime fan to the already growing Chuck's Anime Shrine blog and keep readers engaged in what we like; anime, video games and Japan. Many blog posts from CAS get well placed in search engines like Google and Yahoo. Giving you, the select readers of CAS, the ability to blog about what you want to report is my way of saying thank you and to hopefully add some exposure to your blog as well....but as with any user -driven media there are rules to follow.
What's in it for you?
- Drive some traffic to your anime/otaku blog: Chuck's Anime Shrine is continuing to gain more and more traffic over time. As of this post, my alexa traffic rank is around 170,000 with 3000+ visitors to the whole site daily and around 1000 unique visitors daily to the blog alone. I'm at work to continue to increase the traffic to the site by adding more features and making this a site worthy of visits from my fellow anime fans.
- Chances to participate in future contests: For some time now I've not done contests but when I do I'll be sure to give away anime products from my anime store. Being a part of the member's blog will be another way for you to be noticed and hopefully get you some cool stuff and further promote your own sites ^_^
- Absolutely no hentai, loli, porn, offensive, extremely religious, or racist material.
- No links to any sites with the items in rule #1, but if it's hentai..just warn members of the link
- Anime figures and manga mentions can be posted but no hentai or loli. Cast off figures must not show naked parts.
- Material in the blog posts must be related to: anime, manga, Japan, video games or anything that anime fans would deem interesting.
- No spamming. Google and blogger automatically create links on your user name when you post that should bring people to your site the natural way. You can link to your blog in the post or if you have more material to show in a related blog post, but NO topics with the blatant crazy advertising of your blog or a non-related blog i.e ("Click here for money tips.", etc). Other members won't care to click and it's distasteful -_-
- If possible, try to have one related picture per post that acts as a header to your blog post and reflects the topic shown (kind of how this post is done). This makes the post look nice and will create even more traffic to your post.
- Try to keep post titles small and to the point. Smaller titles yield better search results and make your posts look better.
- Any violations will mark an instant removal from the blog and from the Google Friend Connect member list of this site.
- We at Chuck's Anime Shrine have the right at any time to remove a blog post and member, so please follow the rules.
How to get involved:
- (optional) Join the growing list of members of Chuck's Anime Shrine by clicking the "join this site" button in the Google Friend Connect part of this page..or just have a google account.
- Email me asking to be an author for Chuck's Anime Shrine
- If approved (which is most likely), I will invite you to be an author on the site.
- Follow the link to blogger.com to accept the invitation and from there you can start blogging ^_^
Email me for any questions about the rules or how to get involved. As the site's popularity continues to grow...some emails might go through the cracks but I'll work as best I can to answer any questions. I set times that I go through my massive inbox of emails and I'm only human so immediate answers might not happen always.
Image above from Negima. Negima is copyright Ken Akamatsu, FUNimation, Del Rey Manga and any other licenses.